Currently seeking a Part-Time Certified Coder with 2-4 years previous medical coding experience. The ideal candidate must have a thorough knowledge of CPT/HCPCS/ICD10 Codes, PQRS, and LCD and CCI guidelines for coding accuracy. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyzes provider documentation to properly bill provider services for hospital patients
- Supplies correct ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes on all diagnoses provided
- Supplies correct HCPCS code on all procedures and services performed
- Supplies correct CPT code on all procedures and services performed
- Contacts providers to train and update them with correct coding information
- Audits medical records to ensure proper coding completed and to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
- Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
- Determines the final diagnoses and procedures stated by the physician or other health care providers are valid and complete.
- Performs a comprehensive review for the record to assure the presence of all component parts such as: patient and record identification, signatures and dates where required, and all other necessary data in the presence of all reports which appear to be indicated by the nature of the treatment rendered.
- Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered. Reviews the records for compliance with established reimbursement and special screening criteria.
- Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code
The ideal candidate must possess analytical, accurate, detail-oriented qualities and communication skills. Experience with EPIC a plus. Excellent benefits, EOE.