Dr. James Thurmond saw the medical community of Lancaster County as the perfect location to begin his career as a Neurosurgeon. Since 2009 Dr. Thurmond has called NeuroScience & Spine Associates his home.
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Internship: University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Neurological Surgery Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey
- Chief Resident, Neurological Surgery: University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey
- Endovascular Fellowship Year: University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey
- ABNS Board Certified
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- AANS/CNS Joint Section on Spine/Peripheral Nerves
- Pennsylvania Neurosurgical Society
Evaluation and treatment of routine and complex spinal disorders including:In addition to treatment of Carpal tunnel and cubical tunnel syndromes, median and ulnar nerve entrapment as well as Perineal nerve compression. Vascular surgery (aneurysm evaluation and treatment). Brain and spinal cord tumor evaluation and treatment.
- Disc herniations of cervical and lumbar spine (open and minimally invasive)
- Artificial cervical disc replacement
- Scoliosis / spinal deformity / back pain
- Spinal stenosis, spinal fusions, redo/revision spinal surgery