Dr. William Monacci moved to Lancaster County in 2005 after serving as a Colonel in the U.S. Army and Neurosurgery Consultant to the Army Surgeon General. As a Neurosurgeon at Lancaster NeuroScience & Spine Associates Dr. Monacci is gratified to continue using his skill and experience performing a broad range of complex brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgeries.
- U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY: B.S. Nuclear Engineering/Physics Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences School of Medicine, Bethesda, MD: Doctor of Medicine
- Surgical Internship, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- Neurosurgery Residency, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- Research Fellowship: National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Cranial Base and Micro-Neurosurgery Fellowship: George Washington University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Former Neurosurgery Consultant to the Army Surgeon General
- Former Chief of Cranial Base Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Former Assistant Chief of Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Former Assistant Professor of Surgery, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD
- Former Chairman, Joint Committee of Military Neurosurgeons
- Neurosurgeon to Special Forces Operation Detachment – Delta Force
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Diplomate of National Board of Medical Examiners
- Board Certified by The American Board of Neurological Surgery since 1996
- The North American Spine Society
- The American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Skull Base Society
- Association of Military Surgeons