With more than 20 Years of experience dealing with headaches and migraines Physical Therapist Jeffrey Bole is a specialist in this often underutilized treatment method. There are a variety of reasons this treatment method is underutilized including:
- Public Perception of Physical Therapy applications
- Reliance on Pain Medication
If you are experiencing neck pain, tension, stiffness and/or discomfort concurrent with your headaches and migraines, it could be the tense and tight muscles that are causing "referred pain" which can trigger "migraines". A few possible causes for tense and tight muscles in the cervical(neck) region include:
- Static Postural Load (like sitting at a computer)
- Overuse and strain
- Traumatic Events
Physical Therapy treatment for headaches and migraines focuses on:
- Specific postural, ADL and work modifications
- Gentle joint mobilizations
- Soft tissue mobilizations and myofascial release
- Light strengthening and conditioning to improve postural control
The challenge lies in determining the type of headache, determining the root cause and developing an appropriate treatment plan to resolve the condition and empower headache sufferers to self-manage their symptoms moving forward. Learn more about Jeff here.
If you would like to learn more or inquire about setting up an appointment with Jeff please complete the form at the bottom of the page. We'll get back to you promptly to discuss your symptoms and determine the best course of action.